Dear Parents and Guardians,
The health and safety of our students and staff is our prime priority. We appreciate that parents and guardians may have questions about the Novel Coronavirus and how this will be managed at our school.
The National Institute of Health (NIH) has the following description regarding the Coronavirus.
A novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified. Public health officials and partners are working hard to identify the source of the “2019-nCoV”. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, some causing illness in people and others that circulate among animals, including camels, cats and bats. This outbreak started in the month of December 2019, as an unknown cluster of respiratory illnesses originated from Wuhan City, China.
Focusing on facts:
Reducing the spread of germs:
- Stay home if you are sick;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands;
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm, not your hand;
- If you are ill and need to visit a doctor, call ahead or tell them right away when you arrive that you have a respiratory illness and wear a mask while waiting to be seen;
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick; and
- Get your flu shot.
Prevention measures in our school
- NIH Advisory on Coronavirus:
- WHO Advice for the public:
- WHO Myth busters: