COVID-19 Update: School To Remain on Distance Learning Until April 6, 2020
Dear Parents / Guardians,
In light of COVID-19 emergency, please note the following guidelines that Headstart School is following in order to ensure that students do not lose precious learning time during this period.
For all remote learning, we have invoked Headstart School’s Honour Code (please click on this link to view the Honour Code) which we expect our community to follow and implement.
- Teaching will be carried out remotely via Google classroom and there will be no Spring Break during school closure as lessons and assignments will continue to be posted on each specific grade / subject classroom hosted on Google.
- Students & Parents will be receiving emails from teachers regarding their respective classrooms individually with class code and instructions.
- IKMC 2020 has been postponed by KSF Pakistan and will be held at a later unconfirmed date. We will keep you posted on this.
Elementary & Middle School
- Teachers will upload lessons and worksheets on their respective Google Classrooms on a daily basis. The students are expected to submit that work on the day they return. However, the teachers will be available during the regular school timings to give feedback or provide assistance to those in need.
- All assignments and tests will be hosted on Google classrooms as per regular timetable that will be run by subject teachers under supervision of their respective coordinators.
Dear Parents / Guardians & Students,
With reference to our previous email, we have received further updates from Cambridge International regarding May/June exams.
While we acknowledge the serious concern caused by Covid-19 (coronavirus) and the impact it may be having on you and your family, we would like to assure you that our priority is to protect the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our school community. It is also important that we ensure fairness for your children and that we support them in continuing with their education.
As you are aware Cambridge took the decision on March 23, 2020, not to run their international examinations in the May/June 2020 series in any country.
We recognise that your children have been studying very hard for these exams and how important it is that they receive the grades they deserve to progress to their next stage of learning. Cambridge has assured all school that the grades earned by your child represent their achievement using the best available evidence.
They will receive a grade and a certificate from Cambridge International so that they do not face a disadvantage because of these extraordinary circumstances.
We are also aware this is a particularly important time for many students who are looking forward to going to university after their exams. Cambridge has assured schools that the grades and qualifications that get an award for this May/June series will be of the same value as the grades and qualifications for any other series. Cambridge will be working with schools to ensure that the subject grades earned by the students represent their achievement levels as set out by rigorous Cambridge programme standards. We will be collaborating with Cambridge to ensure that our students’ grades are based on a range of evidence.
We are looking to receive a further update with more detail on March 31 regarding the specifics of this and will keep you posted.
We wish our community safety and good health and look forward to welcoming our students when school reopens.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.